Sunday, February 17, 2008

Same ol', same ol'....

Captain's Quarters:
"But it's the notion that only Barack Obama can save our souls that is the most offensive part of the speech, by far. Government doesn't exist to save souls; it exists to ensure domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense. If I feel my soul needs saving, the very last place I'd look (in the US) for a savior would be Washington DC or Capitol Hill. I'll trust God and Jesus Christ with my soul, and I'm not going to mistake Barack Obama for either one."
Once again, we have the "politics as religion" notion invading the left and the Dems. Those who scream the loudest about the separation of church and state, and about how the Republicans are religious loons, seem to be the ones who have created a purely religious context for their political "crusade". It's why I do not trust them....

Michelle Malkin responds:
When Republicans talk about broken souls in the context of civil society, the nutroots start screaming about the obliteration of the church-state line.

When the Obama campaign uses the same rhetoric to get him elected to the White House, everyone swoons.

No comments: