Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ah, those old radicals still are mired in the past...

Rage boy

While I personally have nothing against torching buildings and brawling under appropriate circumstances, I can't understand why Paul Auster simply can't say, "I ripped out the fence because I wanted to. I rioted because I decided to." The idea that a 61 year old man might act irrationally because the mere thought of US policy in Iraq deprives him of reason is a pretty disturbing. It suggests there's a whole population of people of seemingly normal people out there just waiting to go berserk at the mere mention of politics they disapprove of.

It's my hope that the next time he goes on a rampage it's because he's decided to.

I was going to write my own post about this very disturbing Times Op-Ed piece from this morning; but Wretchard is so much better then me. But do try to remember the moment in Forrest Gump when Jenny's boyfriend smacks her around and than blames in on Lyndon Johnson - not much difference at all, is there?

No comments: