Friday, September 26, 2008

Unfortunately, she's right...

Megan McArdle
"My basic reasoning is this: given just how badly the Great Depression sucked, I m willing to gamble on stopping it, even if that gamble fails, even if it is not necessary a question that, if we actually go through with it, will be much argued and never answered . I m not willing to gamble for the bankers; the worst thing that will happen to them is that they retire on a pittance, or take a boring job somewhere. I m worried about the 40 million or so people who might end up out of work, and with nowhere to go. I m willing to do quite a bit to stop that from happening, even let the bankers off scott free. I don t think it s actually necessary to do that, but if I have to choose between helping the 40 million, or expressing my moral outrage--well, there s always skywriting."

No comments: