Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can't say I'm happy about it....

Phillies 4, Rays 3 - For Phillies and City, Title Is Worth the Wait

OK, I'll admit right upfront that I am a confirmed, long-time Philadelphia-hating bigot. Any and all things, especially the sports teams and their miserable fans, having to do with this third-rate metropolis brings out the bile in me. So even if I wasn't a Met fan (and, yes, I am incredibly jealous and pissed-off about this particular championship), I would still be spitting at the images of those oh so happy Phillies and their disgusting followers.

I was pulling for the Rays the whole way; and I never root for the American League team - even if it's the Yankees. So get your jollies in now citizens of the City of Brotherly Hatred, because it's going to be very long seasons for the Flyers, Eagles and 76'ers; and going forward you will have all the time in the world to rain venom down on your other beloved teams. See you in April when, hopefully, the Mets have finally learned their lesson and start playing baseball like men instead of overpaid weenies...... (There must be a Yiddish word or expression for this, but I'll have to come up with it later).

No comments: