Friday, January 23, 2009

The newest version of "NIMBY"...

Belmont Club:
"Inevitably some will kill again, maybe in a neighborhood next to yours."

This is definitely a worthwhile read. The history of GITMO being GITMO actually goes back to the Clinton administration; and, of course, the devil is in the details. I predicted months ago that Obama would never really close the detention center. Now that he has signed the order to close it within a year, I am sticking, more or less, to my guns because closing the base while just shuffling the detainees to other centers or countries doesn't really count in my book.

It would not surprise me, however, if the heads-in-the-sand human rights "activists" whom I seem to be surrounded by are perfectly content with this type of solution. Out of sight, out of mind is their motto..... and as long as the NY Times lets them off the hook, they will sleep easier.

No comments: