Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hating the Times....

Why I Love My Husband but not Sex
"Predictably, almost as soon as the engagement ring slid onto my finger, I fell in love with someone else. I fell madly, insanely, obsessively in love with a conservative Christian man who believed that I, as a Jew, was going to hell. We fought long and hard about that, and then had sex. This is so stupid, it pains me to write about it.

And yet this affair, I sensed, was necessary for me to move forward with my marriage. It was a test. I believed, but could not be sure, that just as sex had cooled for my soon-to-be husband and me, it would cool with this man, with any man, no matter what or whom — in which case my fiancĂ© was the person I wanted to marry."
If you want to see what is really wrong with this country and this world, just check out the Sunday Styles section of the NY Times. From the above quoted essay from the (worse than) pathetic Lauren Slater - whomever she may be, to the self-obsessed wedding announcements, one can virtually bathe in the silliness of folks and the "journalists" who have nothing better to do with their lives.

No comments: