Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I only have one question:

All I see and hear this morning tells me that I am supposed to rejoice in a victory for the end of racism in America and a new political/cultural era that will "change" everything because of it. So I ask you: Would all of this adulation, all of this euphoria, all of this self-congratulatory media lovefest and claims of post-racial progress still be there if we had elected say..... Condi Rice?

Take pause, my friends, before you answer..........

This will probably be the full extent of my blogging today. Frankly, I am nauseated by the front pages of most of the newspapers, especially the Times, and the TV coverage I have seen so far. The Messiah has not arrived, folks (especially for all of you secularists who insist on the separation of church and state). We have elected a new President who deserves our respect and support; but until he (note the small "h") puts his money where his mouth has been, until we see some substance underlying all of the campaign gibberish and platitudes of "change", until there is proof of something more than just being able to make Oprah quiver - I remain highly skeptical.

And I stand firmly by my predictions of yesterday.

Yes, it will be easy for the new administration to just outright take shit away from "the rich people" and make it seem as if will be helping everyone else. That is what Fascists do so well. It's when you find out after-the-fact that we all wind-up with nothing (except for the political classes, of course) that you wonder what the hell happened to that warm, fuzzy feeling you had at the "Vote for Change" rally just a couple-or-three years before.....

No comments: