Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Can't buy me love....

Matthew Yglesias is very worried that the Republicans are going to get, what he considers to be, too big an infusion of cash for the 2008 elections:
You've probably heard about the Democrats' fundraising edge thus far in terms of congressional campaign committee fundraising. Well, Brad Plumer notes that that edge will be blown way out of the water if Sheldon Adelson's "Freedom's Watch" outfit really spends $250 million on the 2008 elections.
Read the posts, and then read the comments (if you really want to get scared about what some on the left think should be done to stop it). Yes, this is quite whacky; but nobody on the Democratic side felt that way as long as they had the upper hand with Soros' money greasing the wheels.

I can predict now (better than my sports predictions, I promise) that if the Dems lose this election, which right now they feel is their Constitutional right to win, there will be more whining, foot stomping and threatening to "hold my breath till I turn blue" adolescent behavior than you have ever seen in the history of this or any other nation. Quite frankly, I'd kinda get a kick out of watching Bill Maher do it live......

No comments: