Sunday, February 10, 2008

Love my iPhone....

It's been exactly 30 years since I bought my first computer, an Apple II that was my introduction to personal computing. Since then I have purchased Lord knows how many different systems, but none of them Apple products. Following months iPhone envy, though, I caved the other day and picked one up at the Apple Store. After just a couple of days, I have to admit that it is everything it claims to be and then some.

More than just a phone and an iPod squeezed into a nice little form factor, it's a whole new platform for portable computing. The screen is incredibly gorgeous and readable for its size, and the user interface is a miracle of ergonomic engineering. Apple designs their products to make life easy for their users - Microsoft designs their products to be good for their stockholders. More to follow...

No comments: