Thursday, January 17, 2008

Moving to the end of Windoze....

Leopard satisfaction driving "explosive" Mac sales:
"High levels of customer satisfaction with Apple's new Leopard operating system are spurring 'explosive sales' of the company's Mac computer line, a new consumer spending survey has revealed."
Take a look at what Apple is up to lately - take a look at what Google is developing - and then take a look at your Microsoft platform. Back in the day, Microsoft took on venerable IBM and kicked its ass because the suits just couldn't see what was coming. While nobody at Microsoft wears a suit nowadays, it seems to me that they had better take a long look over their shoulder because everything I see says that they are getting their clock cleaned by competitors that have better, more reliable, and more interesting products.

Now, having some $25+ billion laying around the office for a rainy day ain't a bad position to be in; but I can tell you that as a dedicated heat-seeking consumer, I have not considered a single Microsoft product for purchase in quite some time - and I do not intend to. My next computer will definitely be a Mac of some variety; and after being exposed to Vista and MS Office 2007 for the past year, I would rather eat nails than stay on this boat......

No comments: